Push-Outs are defined as the deliberate act of pushing a shopping cart full of unpaid merchandise out of a store through any unauthorised exit such as:
- Closed Checkouts
- No Purchase Lanes
- Store Entrances
- Emergency Exits
- Warehouse Entrances
The Value of Push-Out Theft
- Push-Out event shopping cart contents are typically valued between €500 to €1.500, each time
- Loss prevention experts in food retail estimate that over 30% of this type of theft goes undetected by store and security staff
- Some retailers estimate their Push-Out theft losses to be in excess of €1 million a year
Walk-Throughs at Self-Checkout
The increased use of Self-Checkout terminals has amplified the Push-Out challenge to include Walk-Throughs.
Walk-Throughs refer to visitors who take baskets, boxes, bags, and increasingly, shopping carts filled with goods, through the Self-Checkout zone without paying.
Self-Checkout zones are known to have low staffing levels and little or no security or surveillance making them easier target zones for this type of theft.
How does PushOut-Check® Prevent this Theft?
Push-OutCheck® automates the visual monitoring process at every exit, freeing staff for more productive activity.
- Push-OutCheck® uses Deep Learning AI Video analytics to remotely and permanently control any store entry or exit points
- Staff receive automatic real time notifications of suspicious visitor movements, with or without shopping carts, baskets, boxes or bags
- Push-OutCheck® can also be used to detect Walk-Throughs in the Self-Checkout zone when visitors walk past the checkouts without paying
How are Staff Alerted?
- Fixed audible and visible real time alarms are customised to client needs
- Instant incident alerts can be sent to store or security staff via any networked fixed or mobile device
- All events are recorded for reporting, prosecution, training and comparative analysis